A collection of thoughts, pictures, and videos of my global education journey.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Down to the final count!

In less than two days I will be heading off to Ukraine.  I am very excited about this adventure and look forward to learning much from my Ukrainian colleagues and from the students that I will work with while I am there!  I also look forward to getting to know about the culture first hand; through conversations, visiting sites, and making new friends.
My packing is going......well??  I have gathered so much to take as gifts through the generosity of friends. My desire to share my nation's and my state's unique characteristics through art and fun has increase the pile.  As of now, I have 38 lbs of gift items to take.  They range from a flag that has been flown over the Capitol to present to the school, to wristband flash drives for the older students that I will be meeting.  The question arises- do I take clothes or gifts??? Actually, I believe that two suitcases will hold it, I am just not sure how I will get two 50 lb suitcases to the hotels and on and off the train!
One other note.  I have worked for many hours with my android tablet, a small computer, and my regular computer, to find a way to get video to post at school.  Sorry guys....I can not find a way to post them so that they can be viewed at school.  The post will just have a big blank spot.  But remember, you can see the videos when you view the blog from home and you can see all of the pictures. 

Gifts and clothes for Ukraine
I am glad to have you along on this journey!

 Let's see where it takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment